Adhoc CAMPA was established at National Level and State CAMPA at each of the States / UTs after the intervention of the Supreme Court in 2008.
The Compensatory Afforestation Fund (CAF) Act., 2016 has been notified by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India vide Gazette notification 45, dated 3rd August, 2016. The Act has been enacted to provide for the establishment of funds under the public accounts of India and the public accounts of each State crediting thereto the monies received from the user agencies towards compensatory afforestation, additional compensatory afforestation, penal compensatory afforestation, net present value and all other amounts recovered from such agencies under the Forest Conservation Act, 1980. Based on the Act., the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India had also notified the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Rules, 2018 vide Gazette Notification No. G.S.R. 766 (E), Dtd. 10th August, 2018. Further, the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Govt. of India has notified the National Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority vide notification No. S.O. 4855 (E), dtd 14.09.2018 and State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority vide notification No. S.O. 4856 (E), dtd 14.09.2018.
Ninety percent of all the monies collected by States, which has been placed under Ad-hoc CAMPA and the interest accrued thereon, shall be transferred to State Compensatory Afforestation Fund as per provision of the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Act, 2016.
In this regard, the Government of Assam has already created the State Compensatory Afforestation Fund (SCAF) vide notification No. FRM.151/2018/79, Dtd. 11.02.2019 for smooth transfer of fund from State Authority to Assam SCAF. Govt. of Assam had also notified Governing Body, State Level Steering Committee and State Level Executive Committee of State CAMPA, Assam vide notification Nos. FRM.151/2018/89, FRM.151/2018/90 and FRM.151/2018/91, Dated 26th June, 2019 respectively.
Accordingly, the National CAMPA has transferred 90% of total fund available with them to the Govt. of Assam as per the heads namely Compensatory Afforestation, Catchment Area Treatment plan, Net Present Value, Interest and others in the year 2019. As per the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Act 2016, 90% of the monies realized from the user agencies is to be deposited in SCAF and remaining 10% shall be credited to National Authority. However, subsequently the monies are still being deposited in National Authority since online transfer of compensatory levies through PARIVESH portal is under process.
The State CAMPA administers the amount received from the SCAF and utilizes the monies collected for undertaking compensatory afforestation, assisted natural regeneration, conservation and protection of forests, infrastructure development, wildlife conservation and protection and other related activities and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
|1.5 hac.||63 Nos.|
|3.0 hac.||25 Nos.|
|3.0 hac Nursery cum Resource Centre||3 Nos.|
|CA Plantations (Site Specific Plantation)||3975.8126 Hac.|
|Sal Coppice Management Plantations||500 Hac.|
|Afforestation – degraded or blank areas in RFs||1131.5 Hac.|
|Aided Natural Regeneration (ANR) in RFs||500 Hac.|
|Apurugiya Brikhya Plantations||2 units (5 hac. each.)|
|Antipoaching Camp/ Protection Camp||27 Nos.|
|Range Officer Quarter||14 Nos.|
|Forester Quarter||34 Nos.|
|Forest Guard Quarter||31 Nos.|
|Assam Type Barrack||30 Nos.|
|Forest Force Camp / Barrack||17 Nos.|
|Country Boat||10 Nos.|
|Maintenance & Improvement of Forest Road||152 Kms.|
|Elephant proof trench||80 Kms.|